CAPS is looking to hire a full-time Marketing and Communications Manager with strong writing, media relations and social media skills for its office in Hong Kong. The Communications Manager will report to the Chief Executive and work closely with the research teams. Flexible work arrangements are negotiable.
- Work closely with the CEO to develop and execute CAPS marketing and public relations plans utilizing existing CAPS research and design dissemination strategy and campaign for the upcoming research and events
- Lead the branding and marketing efforts in external events, conduct media outreach and manage relationships, and organize CAPS events and webinars
- Manage CAPS digital communications platforms and ongoing social media messaging and engagement;
- Produce proactive story angles and respond to opportunistic leads and messages in media
- Oversee all external communications content produced, including drafting and editing press releases, partner stories, executive interviews and other external materials
- Monitor trends and maintain a content/event calendar to track news and activities relevant to CAPS;
- Identify influencers for the topics relevant to CAPS, and build engagement programs
- Analyze impact, reach and engagement of social media activities on a monthly basis
- Collaborate with agencies and manage other vendor partnerships
- Degree in Journalism, Marketing and/or Communications or related disciplines.
- 7+ years of relevant working experience in nonprofits, related corporate sectors or PR agencies.
- Experience in creating and executing marketing campaigns and communications plans.
- Experience in digital/social media marketing and event planning/management.
- Intellectually curious, with excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Knowledge in using Canva, Google Analytics and Hootsuite (or similar platform) is an advantage.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial, creative, resourceful, detail-oriented and strong at multi-tasking.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in additional Asian languages is a plus.
Established in 2013, the Centre for Asian Philanthropy and Society (CAPS) is committed to improving the quantity and quality of philanthropic giving throughout Asia. Our mission is to improve the social investment sector in Asia by understanding fundamental strengths and cultural practices in Asia, as well as researching and promoting public policies that best enable the giving and receiving of private social investment. CAPS works across 18 Asian countries and territories to generate evidence-based insights into how individuals, companies and governments can best address social challenges. For more information on CAPS research and services, please visit: https://caps.org/.
If interested, please send a cover letter and CV. Please note that no application without a cover letter will be considered.