The Mission has a long history and was established in Hong Kong over 150 years ago. It is a charitable Anglican Church organization providing welfare services to all international seafarers coming to Hong Kong and is the only organization in Hong Kong caring for seafarers’ welfare when they arrive in Hong Kong after many months at sea.
Responsibilities and reporting:
- Reporting directly to financial controller
- Responsible for recording all transactions to Peachtree Accounting system
- Prepare and update financial files, statements, and monthly journals, including wages and salaries and investment account journals and investment registers.
- Preparation of movements on investment accounts and investment registers.
- Prepare bank, purchases & debtors reconciliations, quarterly management account and year end financial statements for audit.
- Assist in audit ➢ Prepare year end audit schedules (Salary expenses, other income and expenses, balances sheet accounts)
- Assist financial controller in preparing year end audited financial statements
- Liaise with auditors during their work at the Club
- Assist financial controller in preparing budgets and following up on queries from IRD.
- Secondary 7 or above and LCCI Intermediate or above
- Full-set accounting knowledge with at least 5 years’ experience of preparing full set of management accounts.
- Hands-on experience in Peachtree or similar accounting system
- MS office skills essential
- High fluency in spoken and written English is beneficial
- Able to perform ad hoc work assisting non-chinese Financial Controller
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience. The Mission pays competitive salaries.
- Flexible working hours and it’s negotiable: At least 4 days per week and 8 working hours per day
Working Location: 2 Container Port Road, Kwai Chung, New Territories.
Working Environment: Small number of closely knit staff in newly refurbished offices.