Artwork Coordinator Action Hong Kong
As Artwork Coordinator you are the link between Action’s Far-East sourcing partners and Action’s Private Label and Packaging team. You will be developing artworks and help to improve communication and cooperation between the International Head Quarters in the Netherlands and our sourcing partners in Asia. You have the important task of enabling a fast and efficient artwork process for directly sourced products and to ensure that the look and feel of our packaging is attractive and clear to all our customers in Europe.
Action is a fast-growing international non-food discounter with an International Head Quarters based in the Netherlands. In just over 25 years Action grew from one store in Enkhuizen (The Netherlands) to nearly 2,000 stores in 9 different countries across Europe. We have simple and successful business model and our stores have a wide and varied assortment with up to 6,000 products across 14 categories. Action offers every week 150 new products in store and in general sells all its products at the lowest price in the market. Despite our low prices, we don't compromise on quality, safety or sustainability
Action Hong Kong
Action Hong Kong is a satellite office in Hong Kong which represents the interests of different departments of Action. The office is based in Lai Chi Kok and holds a small team of 5 FTE that represent Sourcing, Quality, Social Compliance, Logistics and Private Label & Packaging. Action is sourcing more than 1,000 products per year directly from China, India, Bangladesh and Vietnam via multiple partners in Asia. You will be working from the office in Hong Kong and be part of the Direct Import team. You will act as an important linking pin between our partners in Asia and the Private Label and artwork team based in the Netherlands and report to the Direct Import manager and Private Label Manager.
This is your daily Action
When a product is bought from a manufacturer in Asia, the packaging needs to be developed and designed so that the product’s appearance is eye-catching. In close collaboration with different stakeholders you will:
- Check and improve input for artwork briefings (including commercial texts, die-lines and printing specification) from suppliers and our Far-east partner
- Guard the planning of the artwork process, keep deadlines in check, manage workload and capacity of our design agencies.
- Support our Private Label and Packaging team in coordinating the artwork process;
- Coordinate your own artwork projects, for example existing artworks that need adjustments because the products specs are changed or Action enters into a new European market;
- Request translations at our translation agency;
- If needed, you will also coordinate product photography on location
- When the artwork is finalized you thoroughly check the quality and consistency of print proofs, give your final approval on print proofs and production samples.
You are the first point of contact for our Far-East sourcing partner for artwork related questions. Because you are frequently in contact with various internal and external parties it is important that you have a strong personality; you are able to connect people and influence them when needed
This is you
You are a result driven and an effective communicator. You can easily align and work together with the different key stakeholders in the direct import process. With your creative mindset you are able and willing to constantly adapt to changing realities.
- You have a completed bachelor degree, preferably in a relevant field
- 3-5 years of working experience, preferably in the field of FMCG, retail, business development or consulting services in a similar function (Packaging design coordinator, Artwork production specialist or packaging & design specialist)
- Experience in working with or managing external design agencies
- Good command of the English language in word and writing. A second language like Mandarin/Cantonese, Dutch, French, German, Spanish, Polish or Italian is preferred
What we offer
- Market-based salary
- Part-time position for 3 to 4 days a week
- 24 holiday days and the option to buy 5 extra days a year (based on 38 hours)
- A company laptop and mobile phone
- Flexible working hours
How we contribute to society
As a retailer, serving millions of customers in more than 1,700 stores across 8 countries, we are well aware of our impact on society and environment. That's why we invest in solutions and ways to reduce environmental impact, ensure sustainable production conditions and care about people in the countries where we have stores and produce products. Click here to read more information:https://nl.action.jobs/en/about-action/corporate-responsibility