The Karen Leung Foundation, a registered Hong Kong charity, is seeking a qualified part time individual for the role of Marketing and Social Media Associate.
The Karen Leung Foundation (KLF) www.karenleungfoundation.org is working to save lives in Hong Kong by raising awareness of gynaecological cancer, educating women to increase rates of early detection and ensuring that women in treatment have access to optimal medical care. Founded in 2013, we are the first and only organisation in Hong Kong solely devoted to women's gynaecological cancers. To date, the Karen Leung Foundation has raised more than HK$27 Million to fight gynaecological cancer and help Hong Kong girls and women. The Karen Leung Foundation honors the memory of Karen Leung, a hedge fund trader, who died at age 35 following a diagnosis of metastatic cervical cancer.
The role of Marketing and Social Media Associate will be responsible for researching and developing commercial partners, increase KLF brand awareness through Social Media, and supporting KLF events and fundraising activities. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and works closely with the KLF team as well as external teams to achieve objectives.
Marketing: Event development and coordination
- Assist in planning and executing annual KLF exhibitions and events in HK
- Conceptualize fresh fundraising initiatives and new event creation
- Research and reach out to potential event partners
- Source and manage relationships with venues and vendors
- Source and manage food & beverage vendors and sponsors for events as needed
- Provide administrative support and assist with updating event task timelines and event schedules
- Maintain production team guidelines and other documents (production, shipping, fitting out, venue specifications)
- Manage (upload and organize) documents on online storage platforms
- Database management – update all production and event specific contacts (production companies, logistic companies, photographers, printers, etc.)
- Management of team interns/volunteers
- Create and execute all EDM’s for the Foundation.
- Develop and execute KLF’s digital marketing, content, and user experience strategy across all KLF’s digital properties
- Define most important social media KPIs, measure the success of every social media campaign
- Serve as conductor for ensuring and implementing fresh content and brand messaging consistency across digital properties that align with organizational priorities and foundation goals
- Monitor SEO and user engagement, recommend improvements to increase performance and content optimization
- Manage the day-to-day handling of all social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube, adapting content to suit different channels
- Develop, launch and manage new competitions and campaigns that promote KLF
- Form key relationships with influencers across the social media platforms to create and maintain a strong network
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
- Monitor, track, analyze and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook insights
- Research and evaluate the latest trends and techniques in order to find new and better ways of measuring social media activity
- Set targets to increase brand awareness and increase customer engagement
- Manage a budget for social media activities
- Educate other staff on the use of social media and promote its use within KLF
- Encourage collaboration across teams and departments
- Candidate qualifications/skills requirements:
- A passion for KLF’s mission and objectives
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills with an overall positive disposition
- Discretion and professionalism
- Excellent organizational, analytical and time management skills, as well as an ability to motivate and communicate effectively with other members within the company.
- Detail oriented with the ability to continually monitor processes and procedures to optimize effectiveness.
- Excellent team player yet able to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced office environment
- Able to multi-task and take initiative on tasks both big and small
- Willing to work flexible hours and weekends during high-intensity events and exhibition periods
HK Residency Status: Must be eligible to live and work in Hong Kong
Education: University degree preferred
Work experience: 5-10 years in a professional setting preferred
Speaking Skills: Fluency in English is essential, fluency in Cantonese is an asset
Writing Skills: Polished writing skill in English is a must. Proficiency in traditional/simplified Chinese is an asset.
Tools: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Google Suite/Workspace, Canva, office communication tools (ie Zoom, Slack….), Mailchimp.
This position is part-time/flexible hours, salary is commensurate with experience.
Languages: Fluency in English, fluency in Cantonese is an Asset.