Office Manager - Finance

Location Mid-levels
Job type: flexi time
Salary: to be discussed, depending experience
Contact name: Marie Marchand

Job ref: JOB_000467[302]
Published: 8 days ago

Nestled within the mountains, with one of Hong Kong’s most breathtaking views in the backdrop sits City Kids Pre School and Playgroup.  Situated within a beautiful architecturally, grade 2 listed building that was previously The British Military Hospital, City Kids is a small, not-for-profit, English speaking, Early Years Centre with a strong focus on creating a nurturing and welcoming environment for our students, parents and staff. 

With a rich history that dates back to 1984, City Kids operates a Preschool for children aged between 2.8 and 5 years and a Little Stars accompanied program for children aged between 10 months and 3 years.  The operation of these programs is guided by our vision, that play is fundamental to the safe, happy and healthy development of young children as they begin their early years education.

To support the smooth running of the school and to allow the teaching staff to continually focus on developing the children, a pivotal role has arisen for an Office Manager with a comprehensive background in finance to work closely with the Principal and the LeadershipTeam to promote the unique ethos, culture and image of the School.

As Office Manager you will be the sole person in charge of all the school’s finances which will include handling MPF, contracts, payroll, visas as well as accounts payable and receivable, banking, audit and internal and external reporting.  This will account for 40% of your accountabilities with the remaining 60% providing full clerical support to the Principal and The Head of Little Stars.

Success will be achieved through your ability to effectively manage the day to day running of the school office, efficiently take control of waiting lists and the school database.

 The ideal applicant will have exceptional interpersonal skills, be degree qualified with preferable experience within a school environment and significant exposure with handling a finance function. Applicants with experience of QuickBooks or similar accounting packages will be highly desired.

If you’re interested in knowing more about this position, please apply and add your questions in the cover letter addressed to Marie Marchand.