Original handcrafted jewellery treading lightly on the earth. niin handcrafts nature’s treasures to create original jewellery and accessories, with sustainable and ethical practices at it’s core.
This role will be responsible for working with our Founder and small team to aggressively grow new business across all sales channels, and maximize the existing business.
You will have a Sales Executive (or office assistant) as a direct report and will be part of the team to lead the global sales expansion through focused lead management. The channels to be targeted for distribution growth will include: distributers and agents and luxury department stores, leading fashion multi brand stores, resort boutiques, pop-up stores and on-line market places.
The role will also oversee management of the e-commerce customer service and sales requests, liaising with our distribution partners to ensure smooth order processing. Online is a big growth sector for the business and this role will be part of driving this growth through independent on-line jewellery and fashion market places.
Sales Manager, Luxury Goods Company
Preparation and management of global strategic sales development plan together with the Founder including:
- Developing a structured plan to build niin in all markets world-wide through distributer, wholesale and travel retail channels
- Researching global markets to understand operators and retailers in our sector.
- Directly contacting and establishing partnerships with new potential distributers and / or Agents in key markets worldwide- including: US, UK, Europe, Asia and the Middle East to expand niin’s retail stockist base. This will include key department stores in leading cities worldwide.
- Developing our sales distribution in China both digital and bricks and mortar.
- Developing our footprint in leading luxury resorts worldwide.
- Developing our brand through on-line market places such as NAP / Farfetch, and jewellery e-tailers, etc.
- Managing and attending annual luxury trade shows on or off-line when needed.
- Senior management contact of key accounts
- Preparation of annual sales budget and marketing support plan.
- Managing monthly sales plan and forecasts to ensure sales targets met.
- Working with internal team on new product development plans.
- Working with internal team on competitor analysis including: pricing / new product development / market launches / competitor promotional activities / sales channels.
- Pricing and margin management.
- Drafting monthly sales report.
Direct Report: Management of Sales Executive in client service and support to oversee:
- On-line sales support: ordering and general customer service.
Client liaison to secure and administer:
- Monthly sales / sell-through reports from key distributers
- Orders including management of order processing (invoicing and delivery, etc.). N.B. Order processing managed through DEAR system.
- Product training support
- Manage the global client database file updating new leads and existing clients
- General sales administration and customer service
- Assist with events (pop-up stores and brand events) occasionally
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong understanding of luxury brand values
- Excellent selling and negotiating skills and ability to “close” deals
- Experience in the international wholesale jewellery market is preferable.
- Organised and self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work autonomously but also work as part of a small team with “can do” attitude
- Fluent written and spoken English and Mandarin if possible
- Knowledge and use of excel and power point
- Data-friendly, customer-friendly
flexibility: full time
languages: English, Mandarin is a plus