Mandarin Matrix is one of the world’s leading companies specializing in producing learning materials that teach Chinese as a second language to primary and middle year school students.
We are a growing company with a friendly team environment, and need a writer/product developer to help write and develop new Chinese learning materials and other in-classroom support materials.
- Responsible for writing creative stories and other teaching materials for students who are learning Chinese as a second language
- Editing existing materials
- Working closely with Graphic Design and IT departments to ensure that all products are of the highest standard
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Teaching Chinese as a Secondary Language, Linguistics or related disciplines
- Excellent in English and Putonghua; other languages are an asset
- Native proficiency Chinese (simplified and traditional) with an understanding of the Putonghua pinyin system; Cantonese pinyin is a bonus
- High level of attention to detail
- Able to work independently, with the team and under pressure
- Experience in teaching Chinese as a second/foreign language is desirable, but not a must.
The job is full-time, 5 days a week with 20 days annual leave.
Please send your resume and a cover letter including your present and expected salary.
Fresh graduates will also be considered.