|job title:||Ad-hoc Interpreter/Translator (Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese and Thai)|
|location:||Wan Chai - work-from-home|
|salary:||To be determined|
|job published:||10 days ago|
The Centre for Asian Philanthropy and Society is a pan-Asian research and advisory non-profit organization based in Hong Kong (www.caps.org).
We are seeking interpreter/translator services of a speaker and writer with native and business-level fluency in the following languages: Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese and Thai.
We require these services from time to time and on an ad-hoc basis primarily at our offices in Wanchai, Hong Kong. There is some flexibility to work from home. Attendance at business functions such as meetings, conferences and report launches may also be required from time to time.
Remuneration will be based on an agreed hourly rate. While is it not required, it would be advantageous for the applicant to have been professionally trained in interpreting, translation or in the language at an established and reputable educational institution.
This position would be suitable for high-calibre applicants who are seeking a part-time/flexible engagement with a professionally run organization, operating in an intellectually challenging and stimulating environment.
The applicant should have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Bachelor's degree
- Native fluency in the target language (one of Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese or Thai)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Accuracy and keen attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, effectively manage own time and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Intellectually curious
- Team player with a sense of humour