The Karen Leung Foundation, a registered Hong Kong charity, is seeking a qualified full-time individual for the role of Administrative Manager.
The Karen Leung Foundation (KLF) raises awareness of gynecological cancers in Hong Kong, educates women to increase the rate of early detection and ensures that women in treatment have access to optimal medical care. We are the first and only organization in Hong Kong devoted solely to women’s gynecological cancers. To achieve our objectives, we collaborate with the local and international medical community, as well as other NGOs committed to improving women’s health and reducing the impact of women’s cancers.
Karen Leung was diagnosed with cervical cancer in 2011 and died just one year later at 35 years old. The Foundation was founded in 2013 to honor her wish to help other women in Hong Kong prevent and fight this disease. For more information about Karen’s story and the Karen Leung Foundation, please visit our website: www.karenleungfoundation.org.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the role of Administrative Support Manager will be responsible for supporting all administrative matters of the Foundation, including fundraising activities, basic accounting and book keeping requirements, and other ad hoc projects as the foundation continues to grow. As a new position in the organization, the incumbent will have the opportunity to grow her/his involvement over time and actively shape the organization.
- Administrative & Fundraising Support
- Provide day-to-day general office support duties
- Support ED in all daily admin tasks including calendar management
- Local vendor management including printers, designers and other
- Update and maintain websites including all social media accounts
- Maintain database and CRM including initiate EDMs’ and other e-mailing
- Support the annual investor conference around various task: delegate, sponsor and guest management, logistical and onsite support
- Accounting support
- Maintain general ledgers and other accounting files including: reconciliations, donation and expense reporting, monthly and year-end close packages, and any other files required to maintain accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Monitor all cash flows, including: monthly bank reconciliations, outgoing wire initiation/approval and cash receipt supervision.
- Maintain various files and records, ensuring organization and relevance.
- Prepare monthly expense reports
- Issue donation receipts
- Coordinate with auditors to provide required support for year-end audit, as well preparation of year-end audited Financial Statements.
- Passion for KLF’s mission to save lives by reducing the impact of gynecological cancers in Hong Kong
- University degree, ideally in Business Administration
- 3-5 years of professional experience.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills with an overall positive disposition.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Motivated individual with the proven ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple projects
- A self-starter with creative and independent thinking ability and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Powerpoint, and Word.
- Past experience at a non-profit/charity as employee or volunteer, especially in Hong Kong, is a plus
- Fluency in Cantonese and English is essential
- Position is Full-time, salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a CV, cover letter and salary requirements to Executive Director, Karen Leung Foundation, PO Box 9331, General Post Office, Hong Kong or by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.