|job title:||Assistant Accountant / Accountant|
|contract type:||Full time / Flexi-time|
|salary:||15,000 - 20,000|
|job published:||27 days ago|
FAIR EMPLOYMENT AGENCY
Fair Employment Agency is a start-up, social business with a big ambition. We are here to reinvent domestic helper recruitment and we are looking for talented and ambitious change-makers to join our growing team.
For too long, employment agencies have been making money from doing a bad job. Employers are charged for bad customer service, while agencies secretly charge domestic helpers too. This illegal practice leaves domestic helpers in debt bondage and it fails employers.
But we saw another way. We set up Fair Employment Agency in 2014 - a new kind of domestic helper agency that would not charge fees to workers. From a small, start-up idea three years ago, we now employ 20 full time staff members, are placing 100 domestic helpers a month, and have saved 2000 domestic helpers an estimated US$3 million in recruitment debt.
Do you want to make a difference and contribute to social change?
As the face of the business, you make clients happy with your people-skill brilliance and attentive nature. Our workplace culture is unique, encouraging creativity, and innovation. We offer our employees unique opportunities to create change and grow in their jobs and careers. If this sounds like you read on!
- Daily accounting tasks
- Manage petty cash
- Payroll and MPF processing
- Pay vendors
- Create invoices and match payments
- Process refunds
- Complete month-end reconciliations
- Prepare monthly and yearly management reports
- Assist in annual audit and budgeting process
- Assist in other ad hoc assignments
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- At least 1 year of relevant experience
- Well organised team player with good communication and analytical skills
- Willingness to learn new software solutions (Quickbooks, SalesForce, etc.)
- Command of written and spoken English (Cantonese desirable but not decisive)
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel
For more information, please visit the organization website at www.fairagency.org.