PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Senior Editor of Sassy Mama Hong Kong is responsible for the Sassy Mama Hong Kong website, including creating original and creative lifestyle content and for meeting and exceeding monthly and annual targets and content goals that grow readership and engagement levels and grow sales. The Senior Editor is responsible for creating and overseeing engaging paid-for content. This role encompasses writing and editing work on the Sassy Mama Hong Kong website, which includes regular editorial features, promotional text such as paid-for Sassy Scoop advertorials and copywriting for various other joint special projects in addition to overseeing the SMHK video content strategy. The Senior Editor will also be responsible for working with and managing a team of outside bloggers and contributors who produce content for the website. In addition to writing responsibilities, the Senior Editor is also responsible for managing the Sassy Mama Associate Editor, all daily content - postings on Sassy Mama Hong Kong’s Facebook page and Instagram (through the Associate Editor and in cooperation with the Design Team for images) and working with internal team members to make sure all Social Media channels are in line with Sassy Mama’s tone and branding.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for all editorial content on Sassy Mama
- Planning, managing, coordinating and editing the site’s daily posts (min. of two)
- The Senior Editor will oversee the Associate Editor’s work on designated sections
- Overseeing the Editorial Calendar, planning and scheduling all posts and ensuring the timely covering of topics, holidays, etc.
- Editing all posts in collaboration with the Associate Editor and working with the Associate Editor to schedule them on the backend. In most cases, each person will upload and schedule their own posts.
- Assigning topics to the various contributors (internal and external) and manage contribution pieces
- Writing or assigning the weekly roundup/feature story
- Acting as main writer on the site as needed for reviews and advertorials on assigned sections, as well as editing the Associate Editor’s work
- Determining the content line-up for the weekly newsletters
- Responsible for growth strategy to increase session numbers
- Managing the ‘Sassy Mama’ contributors, experts and freelancers
- Assigning topics, managing deadlines, editing texts, and scheduling their posts
- Identifying and approaching new contributors and experts to join the Sassy Mama team
- Organizing Sassy Mama blogger meet-ups
- Manage the Sassy Mama freelancer budget
- Working with Partnership Team on advertorial and marketing promotions
- Create engaging, successful paid-for content on SMHK
- Work with the Partnership team to pitch creative ideas to clients
- Supporting and fostering a collaborative relationship with the Partnership Team
- Representing Sassy Mama HK at events organized by the Partnerships Team where necessary to build and maintain business relationships.
- Drafting Sassy Mama marketing text and materials
- Attending events, openings, and tastings as needed
- Answering editorial inquiries
- Making sure the Associate Editor is posting topical links on Facebook to increase user interaction (ex: link to local news story on educational topic; the latest hilarious family/kid viral video, etc., etc.)
- Acting as a Sassy Mama Ambassador by attending industry events, including press events, shop openings, etc. and writing about these events/posts images on Facebook
- Managing relationships with local PR agencies and vendors. Proactively asking for event updates and making sure events are covered.
- Projects including helping to write and edit new sections on the site, Sassy Mama Awards, internal press releases, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Education & Experience
- Degree holder with relevant working experience
- Previous experience in an editorial or web-related position is an advantage
Skills & Competencies
- Interest in writing and editing
- Knowledge in WordPress and in any image editing program is preferred
- Proven familiarity with SEO and social media best practices
- Time management skills, including the ability to keep to tight deadlines
- An eye for detail, together with the ability to proofread
- Pleasant working attitude, outgoing, self-motivated and well-organized
- Fluency in written and spoken English