|job published:||22 days ago|
The Centre for Asian Philanthropy and Society, a registered non-profit organisation in Hong Kong (www.caps.org) is seeking an experienced bookkeeper preferably with strong non-profit experience. The role is a part-time position (one day per week) for an initial 6-month period commencing as soon as possible, with the possibility of extension. The individual will work closely with the company’s Chief Executive Officer and Director of Administration to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Maintain accounts using current systems for verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Ensure regular statutory compliance, taxation, payroll and MPF etc.
- With the support of our Office Manager, (a) ensure appropriate data entry into our Quickbooks online accounting program, (b) weekly bank reconciliation, (c) maintenance of historical records and management of filing system, including employee records, employee expense claims, general expenses, suppliers etc.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Assisting with year-end accounting preparation and reporting
- Has relevant certificate/diploma/degree in bookkeeping or accounting
- Preferably 3-5 years of non-profit accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Strong bookkeeping skills
- Proficiency with Quickbooks (online version) and Excel
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Able to work independently and to take responsibility for tasks
- Flexible to work extra days/hours if necessary (compensated accordingly)
- A self-starter but also a team player