A global financial services company is looking for a Business Development Manager for a 4-6 months contract. The role would focus more on account management and the development of the financial services portfolio.
The role is based in the business development team but involves working closely with the firm’s Financial Services sector leader and the global relationship partner on one of the firm’s iconic Insurance clients to help develop client relationships, identify opportunities and maximize revenue.
Account management (50% of time)
This will include working with the client’s global relationship partner to build, manage and co-ordinate relationships with one of the firm’s iconic Insurance clients to identify and qualify new business opportunities that can be followed up appropriate members of the account team, as well as ensuring that the client is receiving the highest level of service across the region.
Insurance/FS programme management (50% of time)
This will involve working with partners and staff to coach them on building their business relationships, building networks within the firm to ensure the right expertise is brought together to meet Insurance clients’ needs, and also working closely with the Insurance sector leader determine the Insurance/FS team’s areas of market focus and business development activity.
- Understand of the Insurance industry
- Understand of effective account/relationship management/opportunity management processes
- At least 10 years work experience
- Understanding of professional services firms (either through experience of working in one or by being a client of one)
- Fluent English (speaking, reading and writing) and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin speaking) preferred
- Outgoing personality with well-developed social and persuasive skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Resilient and self-motivated
- Team player
- Curiosity and hunger to learn – interest in building their understanding of the firm and its services, and in building their career in the region’s – and the world’s largest professional services firm.