|job title:||Business Development Manager (Sales, Marketing, Distribution)|
|salary:||Negotiable monthly base pay and commission rate|
|job published:||28 days ago|
Primary responsibilities: Sales, Marketing and Distribution of Ariana magazine
The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing the market position of Ariana by locating, developing, negotiating, and maintaining business relationships. He/She will cultivate relationships with companies and organisations that reflect Ariana’s brand values and mission. He/She will be expected to reach sales quotas each quarter.
The candidate should possess a passion for social justice and human rights, strong negotiation skills, ambition, determination, internal motivation, a proactive work style, and a dedication to achieving results.
- Locates, proposes and pursues potential partners; develops and explores business opportunities
- Explains the benefits and potential audience of Ariana’s media offerings to potential clients
- Works to maximise sales and meet quotas in the short and long term
- Maintains excellent relationships with all clients
- Identifies market trends and opportunities by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
- Manages the marketing (both online and offline) for Ariana, working closely with the in-house team
- Works with designers to curate sponsorship features that are to be sold to the client
- Manages Ariana-led events, such as panel discussions, as well as external event sponsorships to enhance brand awareness
- Works with in-house team on magazine distribution, ensuring the magazine is widely distributed across Hong Kong
- Meets clients outside normal business hours as necessary
Strong corporate relationships, experience in the publishing and media field, motivation for sales, understanding of marketing channels, creative, market knowledge, presentation skills, IT savvy, professionalism
Established in Hong Kong, Ariana is a bilingual quarterly magazine focused on women’s issues and social justice across Asia and beyond. Fueled by the belief that people can transform society when armed with knowledge and greater clarity; Ariana draws on its network of investigative reporters and photojournalists, to produce stories that shed light on controversies, broaden perspectives, and celebrate ambitious women evoking change. We provide independent, in-depth narratives, sharp analysis, and powerful photography that inspire people to engage beyond our pages.
The perks of working with us:
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive commissions
- Remote work preferred; work from home or your favourite coffee (or kombucha) shop
- A tight-knit team who will support you
- Working towards creating a meaningful project
Business Development Manager
work-from-home + meetings in Central
Salary: base salary + commission
Business Development Manager
Business Development Partner
Customer Service Representative / Reception /Business Development
Salary: To be discussed, based on experience