|job title:||Chief Information Officer (CIO)|
|contract type:||Full time / Flexi-time|
|salary:||to be discussed, depending on experience|
|job published:||5 days ago|
The company are pioneers in developing unique educational products for the African market, and they are looking for a marketing and communications leader to spearhead their marketing strategy, build multiple brands, and galvanise a movement around new educational models.
The CIO will join our global headquarters and leadership team in Hong Kong, a hub of innovation.
and problems that presents. Our CIO will drive the strategic vision of all tech and systems on multiple campuses including our careers platform.
As we adopt a competency-based blended learning curriculum, our academic and business models depend heavily on the right technology stack to deliver curriculum online and support rapid growth. We are seeking an experienced executive, leader, and people manager to oversee our technological transformation by vetting and implementing interoperable, organization-wide technology systems and business processes. You will partner closely with fellow members of the executive team to devise our information strategy and ensure that all systems necessary to support our operations and objectives are in place.
The ideal candidate is not only a proven technologist, but a versatile business leader whose recommendations will inform overarching company objectives beyond technology. The candidate is primarily a business strategist with deep experience in technology, ideally having worked at a technology company in the past. The candidate is highly collaborative and experienced in change management, and is able to demonstrate prior experience leading a major transformation of an organization’s key technology infrastructure.
● Oversight and guidance over the implementation and optimization of a Salesforce-integrated student information database and learning system
● Management of interoperability across technology ecosystem, including student database, Quickbooks, Salesforce, admissions system, careers platform, and other data
● Oversight of the product and technology teams, with responsibility for our product roadmap
● Information technology strategy, to include the technology infrastructure, equipment, tech support, server maintenance, and network management across two campuses
● Selecting and implementing suitable technology to streamline all internal operations
● Hiring and coaching your team, to include product and technology, information systems, and IT infrastructure
● Directing and organizing all IT-related projects
● Monitoring changes or advancements in technology to discover ways that Akilah can gain competitive advantage
● 7+ years at a technology company in a business management role, such as business operations, product management, or large-scale program management
● Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
● Background in designing and developing IT systems and planning IT implementation
● Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting, and business operations
● Metrics orientation and ability to work with data -- prior database management experience is a huge plus
● Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
● A strong strategic and business mindset
● Excellent organizational and leadership skills
● Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
● MBA preferred
● Willingness and excitement in building the capacities and skills of fellow team members
● Coaching experience a plus
● Ability to manage a team based in Kigali, Rwanda