An international bank is looking for a Credit Risk Controller to join their Risk Management Financial Markets team.
- Responsible for the monitoring and compliance of the front office with Counterparty Credit risk appetite and policies for financial market products. This task includes:
- Use existing credit control systems to insure compliance with approved limits, identify and research limit excesses and ensure appropriate reporting of any excesses.
- Timely, well-articulated and accurate records of trade violations/approvals of excesses.
- Seek approval and execute movements of limit allocations among products and within groups
- Maintain the counterparty limit records of the financial market counterparties as approved by relevant committees, authorities.
- participate in testing/implementation of enhancements to credit systems
- Contribute to and maintain Policies and Procedures
- Maintain and continuously improve the organisation, processes, procedures and monitoring systems in order to deliver high standards of data quality and efficiency.
- Advise and work closely with the regional credit approval and business functions where required.
- Active participation and contribution to the Global Credit Control community.
- Other duties as required (e.g. RM FM Business Continuity co-ordination).
- Minimum 5yrs exposure to financial market products, credit policies ideally within a risk management capacity.
- Tertiary qualifications in a technical field e.g. finance, science and/or economics.
- Prior experience of Credit Risk Policies and systems, ideally in a financial market context.
- Product knowledge of linear IR derivatives, foreign exchange, money market, fixed income and vanilla option products.
- Knowledge of Financial Market documentation such as ISDA/CSA
- Prior experience with trading systems eg. Kondor+, Bloomberg.
flexibilty: flexibilty in the hours is possible; working with trading hours. 5 days per week.