|job title:||Data Consultant|
|salary:||to be discussed, depending experience and availability|
|job published:||29 days ago|
The Centre for Asian Philanthropy and Society (CAPS) is a uniquely Asian, independent, action-oriented research and advisory organization committed to maximizing private resources for doing good. CAPS works across 18 Asian countries and territories to generate evidence-based insights into how individuals, companies and governments can best address social challenges.
CAPS is seeking to hire a short-term Data Consultant to help with data processing for an exciting project that spans 18 countries and territories in Asia. This is a 1-2 month position requiring 2 days of work per week. The start date is as soon as possible.
- Support the cleaning and mining of primary data collected from almost 1800 organizations across Asia.
- Work with data analysts on the CAPS Research Team to create and scrutinize .DO files in STATA.
- Contribute to data mining for subsequent analysis by the research team.
- Undertake other tasks related to data processing as needed.
- Graduate training (Masters or PhD) in statistics and/or econometrics. Doctoral students encouraged to apply.
- Experience in working with large datasets.
- Able to handle all stages of data processing, including data cleaning and mining.
- Proficient in STATA.
- Interest and experience in data visualization is a plus.
Additionally, the successful candidate will:
- Appreciate this position as a singular opportunity to work on unique, original data that supports a groundbreaking study.
- Have a sense of humor.
More information about CAPS can be found at caps.org.