|job title:||Data engineer / Data Analyst / BI Programmer|
|contract type:||Full time / Flexi-time|
|location:||Lai Chi Kok, Hong Kong|
|salary:||to be discussed, depending experience|
|job published:||9 days ago|
An industry leading Air Cargo General Sales & Services Agent (GSSA/GSA) serving Airline Principles are looking for Data Engineer / Data Analyst / BI Programmer.
As part of the Business Intelligence team you will be responsible for development of algorithms and managing the input, storage and output of the Microsoft Azure Cloud Database (datalake).
Using your engineering/programming skill to realize integrations, algorithms & Dax Formulas, create predictive measures in the datalake with new systems and business intelligence tools.
You will be working in a dynamic environment and streamline complex data flows and control the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The development of new initiatives to enhancing our data management will support the Business Development, Finance, Operational & IT teams. Support our BI team to visualizing data and the development of management reports. This position requires a detailed oriented person with a touch for accuracy and data integrity oriented mindset.
- Develop new algorithms and new analytical models in the Datalake
- Combine relevant data to predict market trends to give valuable insights for management and airline customers.
- Manage system integrations with the Datalake via EDI/API/SQL/FTP/etc. connections
- Develop Tabular models in Microsoft Azure Cloud for the use of Power BI
- Participate in the entire System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for successful project delivery
- Assist System Analyst / team leader in requirement study, analysis, design, documentation and co-ordination with users, technical and operations teams
- Prepare test plan, test cases/scripts, test environments, data and perform testing
- Bachelor Degree holder in Computer Science, Data Science & Analytics, Information Technology or related disciplines
- A strong understanding of Python (or other programming languages) and how to process big amounts of data will be required.
- At least 3+ years of Data engineering, Data Analytics, Datawarehouse management, Programming or related discipline will be preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication in English
- Required personality skills: Eager to learn, flexible approach, pro-active attitude, self-motivated, willing to work in an international multicultural environment.
- Knowledgeable and experienced developing of ERP systems, Data Warehouse, BI and Advanced Analytics solutions, Big Data, Python, R and programming experience in online Website/platform/SQL database is advantageous
- Knowledge of Office 365 Business applications, Microsoft Azure Datalake, MS Dynamics, Power BI, SQL database, FTP, API & EDI connections will be valuable.
- Prior experience in a logistics, supply chain, e-commerce or financial environment will be beneficial.
- Experience using business intelligence tools e.g. Block Chain, machine learning, algorithms and Artificial Intelligence will be a pro.
- Good team player, positive attitude, innovative, self-initiating, eager to learn and share with other team members, hardworking, able to work under pressure and work independently
--> people with more data analytic / project manager experience will be considered too.
flexibility: They are open to discuss flexible arrangements.
Seniority Level: Mid to Senior
Industry: Logistics / Aviation industry / Air Cargo Logistics
Job Function: Data engineer/ Data Analyst / BI Programmer