Are you passionate about the environment, love being outdoors and keen to make a difference? Want to develop yourself professionally, in a fast-paced working environment? Ecozine is seeking an intern to help with two major environmental initiatives.
The first is Ecozine’s well-loved Hong Kong Cleanup, which just concluded its 15th year, engaged over 75,000 participants and cleared more than 5,000,000 pieces of trash from our city streets, beaches and country parks.
Our newest project is the Zero Waste Corporate Challenge, launching this spring. The Challenge seeks to engage companies in a two-year corporate responsibility action plan, sanctioned by the International Zero Waste Alliance. The programme includes consultation from international zero waste experts, waste characterisation surveys and audits. Companies will be able reduce their waste footprints, and save/make money, by following our structured quarterly targets and professional guidance.
- Database updates - eg new contacts, sales potentials, subscribers
- Manage registrations, respond to and answer queries
- On-site support at events such as cleanups, seminars, and conferences: prepare materials, provide information to participants
- Social media support for the Hong Kong Cleanup and the Zero Waste Corporate Challenge
- Help with surveys, audits and reporting
- General administrative duties
- Native English speaker, with excellent written communications; Cantonese is a plus
- Confident in a digital environment and able to learn new platforms
- Organised, detail-oriented, with independent initiative and research skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office is a plus
- Outgoing and friendly, with good interpersonal skills
- Interested in environmental/social topics
- Legally elligible to work in Hong Kong
This is an unpaid internship (volunteer role), with potential for full-time employment. Includes: compensation for travel expenses, and a wealth of unique career opportunities and professional connections.
If you are interested, or know someone else that would be perfect for the job – get in touch!