About Sassy Media Group
Sassy Media Group creates inspiring and informative content and products for urban women to help them love the cities they live in and connect with their communities, to make their lives easier and more fun. We are a small scrappy company, which runs on girl power. Our team is enterprising, creative and collaborative. We make swift decisions, measure results and grow through learning. We are currently in Hong Kong, Singapore, Dubai and Manila.
The main purpose of the role of Editorial Assistant is to support the Editor to ensure all content related to the site is prepped and uploaded either onto the site or in the weekly newsletter. The role is an administrative support role supporting our Sassy Mama site in Dubai (but the position is based in Hong Kong) and there will be opportunity if desired to help with writing content.
Duties & Responsibilities
- · Uploading daily posts to site and format as needed with images and links including a final proofread before publishing and scheduling
- · Creating main feature images for all posts based on Sassy Design Conventions
- · Updating main feature images to the Homepage every morning
- · Managing the Editorial Calendar alongside the Sassy Mama Dubai Editor to show status of planned content and ensure deadlines are being met
- · Posting story links to Facebook
- · Liaising with relevant PRs to update them when a story has gone live
- · Handling any article corrections/updates that may be requested
- · Creating all newsletters and EDMs in Mailchimp, including advertorial EDMs and the Weekly Sassy Mama newsletters.
- · Working with Editors to finalise and approve the weekly newsletters and schedule send-out
- · Updating Mailchimp database prior to each newsletter/edm
- · Assist as needed on editorial research for articles
- · Handle contest logistics including making/inserting Wufoo forms
Desired Skills and Experience
- · Degree holder with 1 or 2 year(s) relevant working experience
- · Interest in writing and editing
- · Knowledge in Wordpress and in any image editing program is preferred
- · Excellent in Microsoft Office
- · Pleasant working attitude, outgoing, self-motivated and well-organized