The Executive Assistant to the Founder is a temporary position, based in Hong Kong.
Room to Read has experienced tremendous growth since our founding in early 2000 and the work schedule of the Founder is challenging. We seek a professional assistant with previous experience serving a senior executive to provide him with full-time administrative support. The primary responsibility for this position is to assure that the Founder is as productive and efficient as possible.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Proactively organize and optimize the Founder’s schedule and communicate with key constituents
· Assist with filtering, qualifying and scheduling phone calls and meeting requests
· Plan all travel, both domestic and international. This includes flights, hotels, inter-city transportation, and all logistics related to events, speeches and other Room to Read activities.
· Manage and utilize frequent flyer mile donations, maintain relationships with the individuals who donate miles/points through Friends and Family programs and AMEX points programs, and cultivate new sources for mile/point donations
· Manage all incoming inquiries, screen all mail, decide how best to route questions, and respond to selected email messages on behalf of the Founder
· Manage the Founder’s professional speaking engagements, including maintaining existing speaker bureau and host relationships, developing new relationships, responding to speaking requests, and coordinating logistics for confirmed events
· Assure that investor and prospect research is being performed and delivered to the Founder in a timely and proactive manner
· Create and keep updated various PowerPoint presentations on Room to Read’s work to be presented by the Founder at internal and external meetings
· Organize and manage filing system and key contact information
· Calculate and submit accurate expense reports and assure timely reimbursements
· Perform data entry on business cards and new contacts
· Work closely with Room to Read’s New York City based PR team to provide the Founder with the necessary PR support including, preparing and aligning messaging for press, managing interview requests and updating social media
· Provide office management support to the Hong Kong Office including ordering supplies, managing shipping and postage, and helping to coordinate mailings and events, as needed.
· Undertake special projects and ad hoc duties as necessary
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5+ years work experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
· Previous Executive Assistant experience for a C-level executive and/or Personal Assistant experience
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (fluent)
· Adept at using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Flexible, detail oriented and organized
· Proactive and tenacious troubleshooting skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Results-oriented and strong work ethic
· Proven track record of juggling multiple priorities simultaneously and taking initiative
· History of dedicated volunteer activity and/or commitment to non-profit organizations
· Experience traveling and/or living internationally or working across cultures
Compensation and Benefits:
This a temporary role and fixed term for 4-5 months. There is a competitive hourly rate for the position and we kindly ask that you send us your hourly requirements with your application. This position offers a unique opportunity to gain nonprofit experience and be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing the world through education.
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
· Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
· Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
· Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
· Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
· Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environme