The Finance Manager is a key member of the Senior Management Team, reports to the Executive Director and the Treasurer and is responsible for all the day to day financial accounting transactions, management and reporting. This is a part time role.
- Ensure that appropriate finance systems are maintained, and that all procedures and controls are implemented.
- Manage accounts receivable and payable.
- Manage and reconcile bank accounts.
- Manage cash flow through preparation of regular rolling 12 month forecasts.
- Generate and obtain authorisation for payroll, and other payments.
- Manage petty cash process and reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed asset register.
- Document, maintain and implement appropriate finance-related policies.
Financial Management & Reporting
- Prepare the monthly financial accounting and management reports on a timely basis.
- Prepare and present quarterly board reporting and provide appropriate/relevant commentary on the significant fluctuations.
- Work closely and provide support to the Executive Director in relation to financial management and reporting issues.
- Lead the annual budgeting process.
- Work closely with the fundraising team to assist in budget preparations for grant applications as well reporting on those already approved.
- Manage the annual audit and preparation of financial statements.
- Continue to develop improvements/efficiencies in the finance system, as necessary.
- Stay abreast of and ensure compliance with any Hong Kong financial regulatory changes that govern the non-profit sector.
- Complete regulatory and other returns for government authorities.
- Liaise with Company Secretary to provide any required documentation.
- CPA or equivalent qualified.
- Right to work in Hong Kong.
- Proven experience in a finance role.
- Fluency in English both spoken and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Previous experience of Xero desirable but not essential.