Fair Employment Foundation builds market solutions to end the forced labour of migrant workers in Asia.
Some of our initiatives are social businesses that generate revenue. Others are pioneering solutions and technologies that help workers and employers alike.
Since our set-up in 2014, we’ve:
• Saved 2,000 Filipino workers almost US$3million in recruitment fees via Fair Employment Agency - our non-profit social business based in Hong Kong
• Prepared 150 women for successful migration via Fair Training Center - our non-profit social business based in the Philippines
• Educated 750 employers at 27 companies, on how to fairly hire migrant domestic workers.
We are now ready to scale our solutions in Hong Kong, the Philippines and beyond, and we are looking for a talented and ambitious change-maker to join our growing leadership team.
As the Head of Development, you’ll secure resources to grow our social businesses and initiatives so we can achieve impact at scale. You’ll also ensure our work is delivering results, and you’ll work with our leaders in Hong Kong and the Philippines to communicate our direct and systemic impact to key stakeholders. Lastly, you’ll grow our employer education programme by building strategic partnerships and engaging employers as market influencers.
This role will report to FEF’s General Manager and will manage FEF’s Programme Manager.
Objective 1: Incubate solutions to end forced labour by raising resources, and providing active management, technology and market expertise:
- Support the General Manager to achieve annual fundraising targets
- Support the Programme Manager to provide marketing and sales support to each of FEF’s solutions
- Produce annual and quarterly OKRs (Objectives & Key Results) to ensure that FEF stays mission focused.
Objective 2: Enable employers to influence employment agencies and training centers to operate more ethically:
- Work with the Programme Manager to grow FEF’s Employer Education programme and make it more impactful.
- Deliver Fair Hiring Pledge training sessions to designated companies and other stakeholders, and work with the Programme Manager to identify and train additional speakers for Pledge training sessions.
Objective 3: Influence businesses, employers and funders to support Fair Employment Foundation’s work by communicating our impact and results:
- Work with FEF leaders to collect impact data and communicate FEF’s results to key stakeholders (including local and international media).
- Work with the General Manager to build strategic partnerships with businesses, non-profits, governments, employment agencies and other key stakeholders, to further the mission of FEF and its solutions.
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience in sales, business development or fundraising/development
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English, a must, and Cantonese strongly preferred)
- High degree of motivation & ability to work autonomously with little supervision
- Proven ability to cultivate new leads & maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Line management experience is a must
- Experience in sales or marketing would be a strong advantage
- Passion for building solutions to end forced labour
Please send your CV and cover letter (stating the reasons why you are a good fit for the role) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.