Blue Umbrella is looking for an HR manager to strengthen our HK team.
By harnessing its state of the art, in-house technology to provide convenient interaction, research excellence and consistency, Blue Umbrella has become one of the fastest growing volume compliance research companies in the world. We provide thoroughly researched third party due diligence and pre-employment screening reports at competitive prices and industry leading turnaround times.
BlueBlue Umbrella was founded in 2009 in Hong Kong and has operations in New York, Singapore, São Paulo, Tokyo, New Delhi and Bangalore.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Implement training programs to drive communication, talent management, employee development, productivity and job satisfaction.
- Simplify and revamp the performance evaluation process to achieve buy-in throughout the business.
- Develop and implement core programs in performance management and human resources planning that sharpen organizational effectiveness by providing managers with practical tools and critical information.
- Design and develop training and development programs based on both the organization's and the individual's needs (at all levels).
- Amend and revise programs as necessary, in order to adapt to the changes that occur in the work environment.
- Lead group strategic planning sessions.
- Cultivate and foster the company’s corporate culture.
- Oversee the effective delivery of all human resources management, including compensation, recruitment, performance management and employee relations.
- Manage employment relations and issues, escalating to the Managing Director / Operations Director where required.
- Build strong partnership with the executive staff to ensure that managers and employees work collaboratively to achieve business goals across all business areas
- Act as a single point of contact for employees and managers.
- Build strong business relationships with key business leaders.
- Respond in a timely manner to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions to ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are compliant.
- Develop and review company policies and procedures ensuring they are compliant with each jurisdiction’s labour and employment legislation.
- Update Employee handbook.
- Manage HR data, policies and procedures, and record keeping.
- Reduce staffing and compensation costs by developing individual development plans, succession plans, and workforce planning and implement in-house training programmes to develop talent in-house.
- Work closely with managers to plan the recruitment process, sending out job vacancies, writing job descriptions, sourcing and checking resumes, arranging interviews and selecting candidates.
- Externally, build and foster relations with Universities/schools to attract fresh graduates. Implement an in-house recruitment programme which offers internships and builds the recruitment pipeline.
- Deliver new staff orientations and onboarding to foster positive attitude towards company goals.
- Conduct Exit Interviews and share relevant information with Managers.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Working closely with the Board Of Directors, assist in the preparation and coordination of the annual salary review process for staff.
- Working closely with the Board Of Directors, assist in the preparation and coordination of the annual bonus schemes.
- Review monthly payroll for processing.
- Work with the Managing Director/Operations Director to develop and implement performance and reward management systems, including pay and benefits which reflect current market trends for staff.
- Undertake ad hoc projects as and when required
- Candidates must possess exceptional people skills and able to communicate with all levels of staff
- Candidates must possess at least a Diploma, Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Studies/Administration/Management or equivalent
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in a related field
- International working experience is highly desirable
- Proficient in MS Office
- Able to work individually on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.