|job title:||Jr Editor|
|contract type:||Full time / Flexi-time|
|location:||Sheung Wan (& some work-from-home)|
|salary:||to be discussed, depending experience|
|job published:||9 days ago|
Celebrating its seventh year, Localiiz has fast become one of Hong Kong’s favourite lifestyle websites for insight and information about life in our vibrant city.
We’re also proud of our 140,000+ Facebook following and our growing Twitter and Instagram audiences. And Localiiz is more than a website and social media hub; our other platforms include our Facebook Group and Expat Hong Kong. Our integrated monthly marketing plans and promotion packages provide companies with an innovative way to grow their businesses by reaching Localiiz readers through our website and our digital and social media channels.
Reporting directly to our Content Director, you will be an integral part of the Localiiz content team. You will play an active role in daily publishing operations and undertake much of the day-to-day researching, writing, and uploading of content, and be expected to pitch great original story ideas, interview, and attend events on occasion.
- Assist with generating timely, relevant, and unique stories
- Research and update existing content following SEO best practices
- Source great content for social media and articles, and pitch original story ideas
- Manage social media posting calendar
- Keep directory listings organised and up to date
Skills & Requirements
Fields of Study: Creative & Professional Writing, Creative Media, Journalism
Education Level obtained: Bachelor
- Excellent writing and editing abilities
- Must be highly organised with good time management skills
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Must be passionate about lifestyle content
- At least 2 years of experience in media and/or journalism
- Knowledge of graphics and video production is a plus
- Cantonese and Mandarin language skills are advantageous
- This position is based in Hong Kong and candidates must be eligible to work in Hong Kong