Sassty Media Group is looking for a Managing Director.
We’re looking for a Managing Director to join our Hong Kong team to oversee the daily operations of the Hong Kong business for Sassy Hong Kong and Sassy Mama Hong Kong. This includes ensuring key metrics are being met (sales targets, page views, mailing list growth, P&L statements), creative sales and editorial initiatives are being implemented and amazing partnerships are put together that bring positive impact to our readership and the customers we work with.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Managerial: Manage the Hong Kong team which comprises Editorial, Partnerships and certain Group role staff to help lead them to excellence. This includes hiring employees, managing their career development and goals and working to resolve any issues or difficulties.
- Sales Plan: Develop and own yearly sales plan (forecasting, targets, inventory management, strategies) and submit to Board of Directors with regular updates to management on performance.
- Monthly Sales Targets: Ownership that monthly sales targets are being met and making sure that each Partnership Manager is on track to reach their own monthly sales goals. Report in to the Board of Directors on a monthly basis with progress reports.
- Business analysis: Consolidate and analyse sales performance data (ex: sales, inventory (offerings sold to date) availability) to develop insights and recommendations for senior management.
- Creative Concepts/Solutions: Come up with new creative concepts that can bring new revenue streams to the business.
- Marketing/Content: Work with Digital and Editorial Teams to ensure that the Hong Kong business is growing outside of sales (mailing list, page views, media sponsorships) and develop strategies to help support that.
- Audit: Work with our Finance team to manage the annual audit process and provide updates to Board of Directors on progress.
- Groupwide: Maintain excellent relationships with the MDs and teams of our Singapore and Dubai offices, partnering to share learnings and experiences, and determine best practices.
- Market intelligence: Keep abreast of market trends, demand fluctuations and pricing strategies and come up with strategies on how to implement.
- Sales Support: Ensure the sales process works smoothly and implement any process improvements to make sure that client projects are being managed efficiently and effectively to ensure client satisfaction.
- Training: Responsible for making sure team members are properly trained on all relevant systems and processes and that working relationships between departments are in a great position.
- Events: Work together with Partnership Team to develop events strategy.
- Tech: Together with our Digital team, ensure the smooth scheduling and execution of any Hong Kong website improvements.
Education & Experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Business
- 5 – 10 year’s experience in a sales or business development role
- Proven experience in meeting and exceeding sales targets
- At least 2 years of experience in management role
- Prior work in small business set up (in-house of external) and relevant industrial experience would be advantageous
Skills & Competencies
- Can-do attitude with ability to manage multiple projects and deliver results in tight time frames
- Very strong sales and analytical skills (including mastery of Microsoft Excel) and experience with reporting, data analysis and sales forecasting
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills (including mastery of Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Ability to motivate employees to reach goals and be a manager who they can rely on.
- Proven ability to work effectively with senior management, as well as teams and vendors in a cross-functional, multi-national and multi-cultural environment, sometimes with virtual teams
- Ability to work independently if needed with strong attention to detail
- Ability to think of creative solutions that allow for growth opportunities
- Comfortable working in a collaborative and cross-team capacity with internal stakeholders
- Working knowledge of WordPress, MailChimp, Google Analytics