About the company
A small but growing pan-Asia focused, fundamental research driven investment firm focused on equity long and short opportunities is looking for an entrepreneurial and self-motivated operations manager who is interested in growing their areas of responsibilities, career, and compensation.
About the opportunity
Your primary responsibility is for Fund Accounting Oversight / Fund Operations.
You must also be excited about working in a small and tight knit team where you will make an impact by contributing to ad hoc projects and undertaking other areas of responsibilities listed under ‘Additional’ below.
Fund Accounting Oversight
- Review and confirm monthly NAV as prepared by fund administrator
- Other fund accounting work including but not limited to payment instructions processing, expense calculations, etc.
- Preparation of year-end financial statements in line with IFRS standard, and coordinate annual audit with auditor
- Cash and position reconciliation, and resolution of discrepancies if any
- Corporate action processing
- Trade matching after markets close
- Monitoring trade settlements, including resolution of problems if any
- Ensure trade instructions in place for fund administrator and prime brokers
Reporting – examples:
- For CIO – PnL analytics, risk reports
- For COO – soft dollar and commissions reports, analysis of financing costs
- For investors – monthly newsletters, bespoke performance reports
- For regulators – short position reporting
ADDITIONAL – the ideal candidate will be expected to be ambitious to grow by making significant contributions in one or more of these areas:
- Assisting the COO to manage cash and positions balances between prime brokers and ISDA counterparties to optimise financing costs
- Assisting the investment team in updating financial models, managing performance and other databases, creating monitoring reports
- Assisting the COO to manage firm-related functions, such as HR, management accounts, expenses management, etc.
- Assisting the COO to ensure the firm’s adherence to compliance obligations, including documentation to track compliance
- Assisting the CIO / Senior Trader in securities trading
- Monitor trades, locate and negotiate borrow for short sale positions, prepare daily trade blotter and other trade and market reports
- Assisting the COO to conduct and document ongoing vendor due diligence
BS/BA university degree. CPA or equivalent, or work towards such, is a plus.
3+ years of relevant fund accounting or public accounting (audit) work experience, preferably supporting hedge funds.
Must be a team player.
Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
Highly organized, pro-active, and detail-oriented.
Ability to manage projects, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
Fluent in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
Ideally will have experience with OMS/PMS systems, and Bloomberg.