|job title:||PR Manager|
|salary:||to be discussed, depending experience and availability|
|job published:||8 days ago|
CAPS is looking for a part-time PR manager to join their team.
Public Relations Manager
The Centre for Asian Philanthropy and Society (CAPS) is a uniquely Asian, independent, action-oriented research and advisory organization committed to maximizing private resources for doing good. CAPS works across 18 Asian countries and territories to generate evidence-based insights into how individuals, companies and governments can best address social challenges.
CAPS is seeking to hire a part-time consultant with strong communications, event management and media relation skills as a Public Relations Manager for its head office in Hong Kong. The Public Relations Manager will be a member of a small but high-powered team and work closely with senior management at CAPS.
This position can accommodate flexible working hours, to be negotiated with the successful candidate. It will be advertised on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is found. The initial contract is for one year, with the potential for longer-term engagement.
- Execute high-profile thought leadership conference curations, including inviting internationally-renowned speakers;
- Manage communications with event stakeholders in efficient and effective manner;
- Conduct necessary research (electronic and print sources) to source speakers;
- Write up conference documents including event briefs, programs and relevant event collateral;
- Work with relevant vendors, such as graphic designers and printers, to produce promotional materials and collateral;
- Strengthen the CAPS brand by identifying and engaging with local, regional and international print and broadcast media;
- Ensure coverage of CAPS’ research and thought leadership by relevant media through an effective media relations strategy;
- Develop and manage all media contacts;
- Conduct other relevant tasks as needed.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing or related disciplines;
- 6+ years of experience in journalism/PR/communications/media relations or related fields;
- Proven experience of managing large scale events and communication projects;
- Strong organizational and event planning skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivities;
- A good understanding of print and broadcast media needs;
- Knowledge of and/or connections with major regional and international print and broadcast media contacts. Existing networks with national media representatives in at least some of the countries covered by CAPS are desirable;
- Self-motivated, reliable, responsible and accurate with good attention to detail;
- Experience or interest in education/philanthropy/social sectors;
- Native proficiency in English. Fluency in additional Asian languages desirable.
Additionally, the successful candidate will:
- Appreciate this position as a singular opportunity with the potential for learning and growth;
- Have a sense of humor.
If interested, please send a cover letter and CV. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
More information about CAPS can be found at www.caps.org.