|job title:||Research Analyst - Long/Short Equities|
|salary:||TBC based on previous experience|
|job published:||8 months ago|
Long/short equity is the company's core strategy and its success is dependent upon their sector-based investing teams. Using fundamental research, their Research Analysts inform the investment strategies of their Portfolio Managers.
What you’ll do:
You’ll apply your financial acumen and curiosity to help shape your team’s investment strategies. Using comprehensive research you’ve conducted on companies, industries, and sectors, you’ll build financial models and investment theses. You will never stop learning, whether you’re honing your idea generation skills or applying insights from alternative data analysis.
More specifically, you will:
- Inform your team’s investment strategies through sophisticated financial models
- Perform primary research; attend industry events; build relationships with sell-side analysts and research associates; and analyse big data
- Develop your skills through coaching from your Portfolio Manager and by using the full breadth of the Professional Development resources available to you
- Conduct yourself with the highest levels of professionalism and integrity in accordance with a best in class compliance program
You’re never satisfied with the obvious answer and are always asking the next question. We want you to bring that restless intellect – and your hunger to get it right – to our investing process. While each Analyst role is unique to the specific team, all require the following:
- 1+ years’ experience in Investment Banking, Private Equity, or Public Investing
- Undergraduate degree
- Intellectual maturity, exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A gritty work ethic and a ceaseless desire to learnStrong financial modeling, communication, and technical skills