About Centre for Asian Philanthropy and Society (CAPS)
Incorporated in December 2013 in Hong Kong, the Centre for Asian Philanthropy and Society (CAPS) is an action-oriented research and advisory organization focused on improving the quality and quantity of philanthropy and social delivery organizations throughout Asia. CAPS partners with key players throughout the region and globally to carry out work in three primary areas: policy and applied research, donor and client services, and as a knowledge center.
To assist with two major policy and applied research projects, we are looking for a Research Consultant with strong analytical and writing skills. This is a full-time position for three months beginning in August/September this year, with the possibility of conversion to a permanent position.
The Research Consultant will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Support the analysis and writing of a multi-country policy study under the direction of the Director of Research;
- Support the analysis and writing of a study on higher education under the direction of the Director of Research;
- Work closely with the research team to produce publishable reports for both projects;
- Undertake independent writing of certain sections;
- Collate and analyze qualitative and quantitative information gathered from surveys and interviews;
- Engage in secondary research as needed to fulfil writing and editing responsibilities.
- 5+ years research experience in the non-profit, corporate or academic sectors;
- Demonstrated proficiency with using electronic and printed reference materials;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Superior analytical skills;
- Self-starter who can work independently as well as part of a team;
- Interest and experience in data visualisation (graphics, tables, etc) for research purposes desirable;
- Graduate degree in business and/or social sciences preferred.
Additionally, the successful candidate will:
- Appreciate this position as a singular opportunity with the potential for long-term employment;
- Have a sense of humor.