About Centre for Asian Philanthropy and Society (CAPS)
Incorporated in December 2013 in Hong Kong, the Centre for Asian Philanthropy and Society (CAPS) is a uniquely Asian Centre for excellence which promotes best practices and standards through its own research, capacity building and conferences and through partnership with its intermediary network.
The Research Director will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Work with the Chief Executive to compose, oversee and manage all research projects across the region;
- Be primarily responsible for researching and writing reports;
- Identify and manage research partnerships to ensure world-class outputs;
- Grow and manage research team;
- Identify opportunities for CAPS to play a role in cross-fertilization and sharing of best practice among intermediary partners and social delivery organizations;
- Represent CAPS at various fora throughout Asia and globally to share our findings;
- Publish findings in relevant journals, newspapers and other publications.
- Research experience in more than one Asian economy;
- Well-developed understanding of best in class research tools and methodologies;
- 10+ years experience in the non-profit and/or social enterprise sectors;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Superior analytical skills;
- Demonstrated project management experience;
- Commitment to the continued economic growth, health and sustainability of Asia;
- Ability to traverse countries and cultures and work collaboratively with a wide and diversified set of people and organizations;
- Great interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves” and do all activities associated with a small, start-up organization;
- Self-starter who can work independently as well as part of team;
- Graduate degree in business and/or social science;
Additionally, the successful candidate will:
- Appreciate this position as a singular opportunity;
- Have a sense of humor;
- Asian language in addition to English a plus;
- Be able to travel extensively.
Successful applications must include cover letter.
Contact Sandy Collaco at email@example.com