Zurich Insurance is looking for a full time Senior Investment Accounting Analyst for a 1 year contract; can be extended at the end of contract.
flexibilty: 5 days workweek, Monday - Friday from 9am - 5.30pm
languages: English, Cantonese is preferred but not a must.
Investment Administration & Accounting (IAA) is part of Investment Management, has functional oversight over the vast majority of investment administration and investment accounting across the Zurich group, with regional Centers of Excellence providing IAA services, and a Global Services Team supporting the CoEs and the Group. Your role is to support the Global Investment Accounting experts in the documentation and maintenance of operational best practices, policies and guidelines about all Investment related Accounting matters in a most practical, standardized and efficient way towards Zurich's Centres of Excellence. If you are interested in working in a dynamic, challenging environment, for a company that recognizes and rewards your creativity, initiative and contributions, just simply click "Apply online".
- Develop and maintain a documentation framework and governance around the composition of core and local unique processes in Investment Accounting
- Ensure compliant documentation of service delivery, procedures, controls about various kind of asset classes and how they are accounted in the central sub ledger SAP FAM
- Drive standardization and automation to the extent feasible through the issuance and implementation of IAA internal policies / guidance across all IAA's centres of excellence
- Support the team in daily activities, such as tracking the changes in policies and their significance, running the close planning tool, etc.
- Establish practical guidance and "state-of-the-art" processes to ensure appropriate and timely delivery around those types of investments. Refine processes, controls, functionality and models, by identifying and applying best practices
- Prepare controls and documentation which arrive at a good quality service delivery with minimal operational risk
- Embed frameworks and desktop procedures to transport knowledge, give insights and educate IAA staff and other internal parties
- Create, review and present effective learning and training materials to ensure the required Investment Accounting related expertise is available globally
Your Skills and Experience
- Bachelor in Finance, Business Administration or Accounting related designation with professional qualification (e.g. CPA, ACCA, CMA, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years of solid experience in practical accounting for financial instruments, sub ledger systems and its processes; experience in audit / consulting work is preferable
- Experience with establishing and documenting accounting processes, including collaboration with other teams and end-user
- Experience in project management including process design and documentation is an asset
- Sound knowledge in operational assets, risks and markets
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese