|job title:||Senior Researcher|
|salary:||to be discussed|
|job published:||27 days ago|
CAPS is seeking to hire a full-time Senior Researcher with strong research and research management abilities for its head office in Hong Kong. The Senior Research will be a member of a small but high-powered research team and work closely with the Director of Research. This position will be advertised on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is found.
If necessary, CAPS will sponsor the qualified candidate’s employment visa in Hong Kong.
Role and responsibilities
- Work with the Director of Research to design and plan policy and applied research projects, including writing research proposals;
- Help execute and manage the research process, including guiding and mentoring junior members of the research team;
- Conduct primary research (e.g. interviews, surveys) and secondary research (electronic and print sources) to fulfill research responsibilities;
- Collate, organize, and analyze qualitative and quantitative information gathered from surveys, interviews and other sources;
- Support the analysis and writing of research reports and articles for publication consistent with the high standard expected at CAPS;
- Research relevant information, intelligence, and trends on philanthropy, charity, and private social investment throughout Asia;
- Help nurture and grow research partnerships across Asia;
- Participate in conferences, events and meetings across the region to disseminate research findings and be an ambassador for CAPS.
Requisite qualifications and skills
- Master’s degree in the social sciences, business or humanities from a reputable university;
- 5+ years of experience in research/analysis/writing/journalism or related fields;
- Passion for social science research, and experience in both quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- Interest and experience in data analysis;
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Proven experience of managing and editing a large research project and/or published reports and articles;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for effective teamwork across different cultures and nationalities;
- Ability to transform research from various sources (academic, development, media) into sharply focused, digestible output;
- Self-starter who is intellectually curious and eager to contribute ideas and opinions;
- Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves” and get involved end-to-end in research projects;
- Willingness to travel (as required) to Asian locations outside of Hong Kong;
- Interest in philanthropy/nonprofit/social sectors;
- Native proficiency in English. Fluency in additional Asian languages desirable.
Additionally, the successful candidate will:
- Appreciate this position as a singular opportunity with the potential for learning and growth;
- Have a sense of humor.